The first dormitory for men opened at the School of Mines and Metallurgy (now UTEP) in 1917 and the women’s dorm opened in 1919. In 1920 the men’s dormitory was named Burges Hall the women’s dormitory was named Kelly Hall.
As the population of students at the Texas College of Mines and Metallurgy (now UTEP) grew the need for more residential halls increased. In 1947 construction began on a two new dormitories. The new residency hall for men was to
In 1936 the Men’s Dormitory opened on campus after three years without a male residency facility for out-of-town students. The three story dormitory, like the other buildings on campus, was constructed to exemplify Bhutanese architectural style. The opening of the