In order to collect and immortalize materials related to UTEP’s long and storied history, the Heritage Commission was formally organized during its first official meeting on October 8, 1980. Under President Haskell Monroe, the gathering of university artifacts
During the 1930s and 1940s the Texas College of Mines continued to establish school traditions and build school spirit. One important part of school spirit was the singing of school songs. These songs included Fight! Miners! Fight!, the University of
Published by the Co-Ed Association, the 1931 Texas College of Mines’ student handbook welcomed incoming freshmen by reminding them that they are “entering our University, a school of traditions” and delineating a series of rules for male and female students.
Located just north of Kidd Field, the College of Mines riding stables opened on September 29, 1945. On opening day The Prospector enthusiastically proclaimed that “Mines entered a new era of big time in the world of sports with the
As part of the College of Mines’ post-World War II expansion, the campus constructed its first swimming pool during 1945. According to the October 13, 1945 Prospector, “Funds for the swimming pool – $30,000 – were raised by the College