In September 1914, the Texas State School of Mines and Metallurgy began classes in the three buildings on the old El Paso Military Institute campus located east of Fort Bliss. The buildings, designed by the architects Trost and Trost, consisted of a dormitory, a main building of offices and classrooms, and an assaying laboratory. The main building was also the home of Dean Stephen H. Worrell and his wife. The photograph in the above advertisement from the 1916 El Paso City Directory shows the dormitory building on the left buy cialis and the main building on the right. After the main building burned on October 29, 1916, the school moved to the new campus on the west side of Mt. Franklin, present site of The University of Texas at El Paso. The old Texas State School of Mines and Metallurgy campus is now part of Fort Bliss.
Sources: Worley’s 1916 Directory of El Paso, Texas; Origins: Catalogue of the State School of Mines and Metallurgy, El Paso, Texas,
1914-1915,and UTEP: A Pictorial History of The University of Texas at El Paso, by Nancy Hamilton, Texas Western Press, 1988.